The Teen Advisory Council (TAC) is a group of teens, grades 9 to 12, from Norfolk who are interested in having a say in what the library does for them. Five teens will be selected for the TAC and will work and host programs under the supervision of library staff.
Why apply to the TAC?
- Help make decisions about materials and programs at the library
- Receive a $50 per month stipend
- Community service and leadership experience look good on college applications and job applications
What is expected of TAC members?
- Regularly attend meetings, which are twice a month for an hour
- Be an active participant in the council by sharing and implementing ideas
- Serve as a library representative to peers, which includes asking peers for suggestions for library materials and programs and then reporting back to the TAC
- Attend at least two teen library events
Applications for the 2023-2024 TAC are now closed. Click here for the application.